What happened in 1947-1948?
The battle of narratives and its impact on future peace.
It's the 64th anniversary this week of the UN partition plan of 29 November 1947. And that means that the battle over history and over narratives moves into high gear. This is a short Beyond Images Briefing highlighting our resources on that batt le of narratives. On the Beyond Images website you can find the following Briefings, which are designed to help you engage in the debates which take place at this time of year on these issues:
For your information, read the following articles at www.beyondimages.com/info
* Where's the Palestinian Arab self-criticism over 1948?.... by Shlomo Avineri
* 1948: how Arab leaders forced Arab civilians to leave their homes in Palestine
* What a real change in Palestinian attitudes would involve.... by Shlomo Avineri
* 'Ethnic cleansing' by Israel in 1948? Benny Morris refutes Arab claims
Arab assaults on the Jews of Palestine following the 1947 UN partition plan
* Inside a Palestinian refugee camp: 'returning to Israel'.... as part of daily life
Supporting balanced Israel advocacy, worldwide