Thursday, December 13, 2012

Interview: outspoken Muslim supporter of Israel.

Anet Haskia: Israel Is My Homeland

Wed, December 12, 2012
by:
Ryan Mauro
Anet HaskiaAnet Haskia is an outspoken Muslim supporter of Israel that was born and raised in the mixed Jewish-Arab city of Akko, Israel. She hopes to enter Israeli politics and criticizes Arab members of the Knesset because “not one” will offer condolences to the families of killed Israeli soldiers. “These Arab MKs enjoy democratic rights but don’t appreciate them,” she says.
She is the mother of three children. Her oldest son finished his service in the Israeli Defense Forces earlier this year, her daughter is continuing her service as a professional soldier, and her youngest son volunteered for a year of pre-army service. She calls on the next generation of Israeli-Arabs to “change the face of the Arab society in [Israel].”
The following is RadicalIslam.org National Security Analyst Ryan Mauro’s interview with Anet Haskia:
Ryan Mauro: Tell us about your activism against radical Islam.
Anet Haskia: I was born a Muslim, and I don’t intend to convert from my religion, but I don’t like the mentality of the Islamic world. I deplore the acts of barbarism, the imposing of the religion and the murder of men and women, such as in Afghanistan.
Ryan Mauro: Why are you, as a Muslim, standing up for Israel?
Anet Haskia: I was born in Israel, and it is my homeland. I thank God every day that I was born in the Jewish state because of everything that happens in the Arab states in general and Syria, in particular. Not only do I support Israel, I amAnet and her chilren also willing to sacrifice my family for the existence of this state.
You have to understand, Israel is my homeland. Just because I am an Arab Muslim does not mean I will support Arab countries against Israel or identify with a murderous organization like Hamas that wants to destroy my homeland.
Ryan Mauro: What has the reaction of other Muslims been to your children serving in the Israeli Defense Forces?
Anet Haskia: We are considered traitors. Even my family does not fully support me, and the truth is that I don’t want anyone to take revenge on them because of me. There have been attempts. I continue to fight and recruit young Arabs that want change and have a better life. They are tired of the old stories from 70 years ago about Palestine, etc.
There is a growth in the number of Arab girls who join the Israeli military—even with head covers. This is what I call the Israeli Arab Spring, only without bloodshed because we are more open-minded here.
Ryan Mauro: Many Muslims follow the Islamist ideology that believes in destroying Israel, resurrecting the Caliphate and creating Islamic States. Why did you end up believing differently?
Anet Haskia: I don’t care what Muslims around the world think. I care about the continuation and existence of my homeland, and I will fight for that with my last drop of blood. Like my son said, “Anyone who tries to hurt our country, we will hurt him.”
Ryan Mauro: Is the Muslim world becoming more radical or more pro-Western?
Anet Haskia: I think that the European countries deserve blame for letting Muslims impose their mentality in every city. Come on, we see Muslims praying in the middle of major streets.
Ryan Mauro is RadicalIslam.org's National Security Analyst and a fellow with the Clarion Fund. He is the founder of WorldThreats.com and is frequently interviewed on Fox News.

No comments: